Why should I apply to CEU's Department of Economics and Business?
- Earn a U.S. master's or PhD degree from a leading international department offering innovative research and industry-led education.
- In economics, CEU ranks #151-200 and CEE #2 in the QS World University Rankings and ARWU ShanghaiRanking. In business, QS ranks CEU #50 in business analytics and #89 in finance.
- Build your network at one of the world's most international schools, with students from 118 countries and alumni in 146 countries.
- Generous financial aid from CEU and international donors.
- Study at Continental Europe's first sustainable campus in Budapest, shortlisted for the RIBA International Prize for world's best building.
- Learn from world-class faculty and get exposed to cutting-edge research. Our faculty hold PhDs from Harvard, MIT, Yale, Princeton, Michigan, Toronto and INSEAD, and have worked at MIT, Berkeley, Princeton, Cambridge, New York Fed and the ECB, among others.
- Join small and interactive classes with accessible professors. Learn how to implement theory in practice from faculty with leadership experience in business, government and international institutions.
- Land a job with global employers. Our graduates have been hired by BCG, BlackRock, Citi, EBRD, ECB, GE, Goldman Sachs, IMF, KPMG, IBM, McKinsey, Moody’s, Morgan Stanley, MSCI, Nokia, Procter & Gamble, PwC, TCS, UNDP, UNHCR and the World Bank.
- Continue to a PhD with us at CEU, or continue on to a PhD at Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Berkeley, LSE or Duke.
- CEU is academically and financially strong. All students enrolling will be able to finish their studies and get their degrees as they have done so in the last two and a half decades. (How Current Legislative Changes Affect Future CEU Students - click here)
Want to learn about our programs? Visit our Programs page.
- MA in Economics | our research-oriented program
- MA in Economic Policy in Global Markets | a more policy and practice-oriented program
- MS in Business Analytics | master using big data in business
- MS in Finance | become a finance professional or fintech expert
- MS in Technology Management and Innovation | become a technology leader or entrepreneur
- Fintech Management Parallel Studies | become a fintech leader
- MA in Global Economic Relations | a blend of economics and international relations
- PhD in Economics | learn to do cutting-edge research
- PhD in Business Administration | a more business-oriented PhD
- CEU InnovationsLab | CEU's award-winning startup incubator
- Webinar with the Department of Economics and Business
- Facebook Live Chat with MS Students and Program Heads
- Info Session on CEU’s Innovation Ecosystem.
What do our alumni say? See why our Alumni chose CEU and how we helped them be successful.
Any Questions? Email Us.