Admission Requirements for the MA in Economics Program
General CEU Admission Requirements
- Completed CEU Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Records
- Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Submit a 500-word essay (motivational letter) introducing your research topic and explaining your academic/professional background. Indicate how further studies at CEU would help you achieve your future career goals.
- Online Mathematics exam or general GRE exam. The online Mathematics exam aims to test Candidates on basic calculus, probability theory and linear algebra and is organized by CEU. You can also submit a general GRE score instead. GRE scores are valid for five years.
You must possess a BA degree (or higher) or be enrolled in the last year of your university studies. Successful applicants come from a variety of vocational and educational backgrounds; a previous degree in Economics is not required.