Admission Requirements for the PhD in Economics
General CEU Admission Requirements:
- Completed CEU Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Records
- Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of English Proficiency
Program specific requirements:
- 500-word research proposal/motivation letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- GRE General Test score (GRE institutional code: 0069) Applications are not processed without a GRE test score. Please note that GRE scores are valid for five years.
Successful applicants are expected to hold an MA in Economics or in related fields (i.e. Mathematics, Statistics, etc.) or equivalent degrees with a GPA of 3.33 or higher.
The PhD Admissions Committee will also examine the applicants’ transcript to gauge his/her mathematics proficiency, familiarity with relevant economic theory and with research methodology. Please submit relevant graduate and undergraduate transcripts.
Please indicate in your motivation letter if you are interested in the joint PhD fellowship with the Department of Network Science. Application deadline for this special program: March 31, 2020.
Application Deadlines (https://www.ceu.edu/admissions/how-to-apply/deadlines)