Master of Science in Business Analytics
In a data-rich world, firms manage data as a strategic asset to improve decision-making. Learn to analyze and act upon insights from data. Understand how data analytics can drive business value. Study full-time as a graduate or career changer, or keep your career and study part-time.
At a Glance
- U.S. Master of Science degree
- 10 months full-time or part-time
- 36 credits (72 ECTS credits)
- Study in Budapest, elective trips to Vienna
- Tuition: EUR 15,000
Analyze and Act on Insights from Data
Cover a unique mix of data analytics, computer science and business topics including programming, statistics with machine learning, big data and cloud computing, and data engineering. Complete your training with use case seminars, specialist courses on text mining, deep learning or agile project management, and a capstone consulting project.
- Use statistical analysis to find patterns and evaluate past and future business interventions
- Write code, apply predictive analysis and models of causal analysis
- Collect and parse data, and translate it into actionable insights
- Get familiar with key tools, frameworks and platforms, and learn to implement processes in production
- Manage a data-driven business and create knowledge from big data and other sources of quantitative information
- Collaborate with software development specialists, quantitative analysts, and present your analysis in a clear and effective manner
Join a World-Class International Community
The MS in Business Analytics ranks #1 in Central Europe and world #50 in the QS Masters in Business Analytics Rankings. In economics, CEU ranks #151-200 in ARWU ShanghaiRanking and QS World University Rankings.
Balance Your Studies and Career
Land a job or internship anytime, or continue your career working up to three days a week even during term time. In 2017, 93% of full-time students landed a job within three months of graduation.
Budapest and Vienna rank among the EU’s buzzing financial services and technology hubs, and best places for expats. Employers competing for international talent include BlackRock, Citi, EPAM, Google, IBM, JP Morgan, McKinsey, Morgan Stanley, MSCI, Nokia, TCS and Vodafone.
Your degree can take you places. Join a global employer in a data science or management role. Work for a smaller firm in need of data collection and analytics expertise. Enter the booming analytics startup arena, and start a venture in our award-winning CEU InnovationsLab incubator.
Partner Schools on Four Continents
Go for a week or an entire semester free of tuition. Partner schools include EBS (Germany), Emory (U.S.), ESSEC (France and Singapore), Hitotsubashi (Japan), IPADE (Mexico) and Shanghai Jiao Tong (China).
Scholarship and Internship Programs
Apply for our scholarship and internship programs generously contributed by CEU's endowment and valued industry partners
- Future of Big Data Scholarship & Training Program
- Morgan Stanley Internship Program
- Women in Technology Scholarship Program.
- May 1, 2019 if you need a student visa
- August 30, 2019 if you are an EU/EEA candidate.
After January 31, 2019 we follow a rolling admission model where we evaluate and decide on applications as we receive them.
Head of MS in Business Analytics
MS in Business Analytics Coordinator
Room N13/414, email