Master of Science in Business Analytics
About the program
Businesses need to start managing data as a strategic asset. Data analytics and machine learning not only offer quantitative insight, but also improve evidence-based decision-making. Business Analytics is where data science meets business strategy, a must for future-proofing businesses. The curriculum provides a unique mix of analytics, computer science and business, essential for better business decisions.
Watch our MS in Business Analytics Intro Video
At a glance:
Become a business decision-maker who is able to understand data and how an actionable analytics strategy can drive business value.
- Weekday classes, twice a week, from 1:30 p.m to 8pm. Some electives are held other days on weekends.
- Features a capstone project with an industry partner
- Full-time path (12 months)
- Part-time path (24 months) – same program, same classes, but spread over two years
You will learn how to:
- Use statistical analysis to find patterns and evaluate past and future business interventions
- Write code, and apply predictive analysis and models of causal analysis
- Collect and parse data, and translate it into actionable insights
- Get familiar with key tools, frameworks and platforms, and learn to implement processes in production
- Manage a data-driven business and create knowledge from big data and other sources of quantitative information
- Collaborate with software development specialists, quantitative analysts, and present your analysis in a clear and effective manner
- Thrive in a truly multicultural environment
Where your degree can take you:
- Data science departments of large corporations, where you will be responsible for analyzing and managing data
- Management roles, supervising data scientists
- Smaller companies in need of someone to set up or revamp data collection and analytics efforts
Admission is based on previous studies (including specific courses), professional experience, as well as the statement of purpose and letters of recommendation.
Click here for more information about the admissions process and the list of admissions requirements.
- June 1, 2018 (for students who need a visa)
- June 30, 2018 (for non-visa students)
Applications must be complete with all documents required.