MS in Business Analytics
In a data-rich world, firms manage data as a strategic asset to improve decision-making. Learn to analyze and act upon insights from data. Understand how data analytics can drive business value. Study full-time as a graduate or career changer, or keep your career and study part-time.
At a Glance
- U.S. Master of Science degree
- 10 months • option to extend
- Full-time or part-time • option to change
- Study in Budapest • trips to Vienna
- 36 credits (72 ECTS credits)
- Tuition: EUR 15,000
Analyze and Act on Insights from Data
Cover a unique mix of data analytics, computer science and business topics including programming, statistics with machine learning, big data and cloud computing, and data engineering. Complete your training with use case seminars, specialist courses on text mining, deep learning or agile project management, and a capstone consulting project.
- Use statistical analysis to find patterns and evaluate past and future business interventions
- Write code, apply predictive analysis and models of causal analysis
- Collect and parse data, and translate it into actionable insights
- Get familiar with key tools, frameworks and platforms, and learn to implement processes in production
- Manage a data-driven business and create knowledge from big data and other sources of quantitative information
- Collaborate with software development specialists, quantitative analysts, and present your analysis in a clear and effective manner
Join a World-Class International Community
The program ranks #1 in Central Europe and world #50 in the QS Masters in Business Analytics Rankings 2019. In economics, CEU ranks #101-150 in ARWU ShanghaiRanking 2019 and #151-200 in QS World University Rankings 2019.
The Class of 2020 has 32 students from 12 countries, from full-time graduates and career changers to part-time company executives. CEU brings together 1,320 students from 103 countries, and a global alumni network reaching 147 countries.
Study in Budapest and Vienna
The program is accredited as a Master of Science degree in the U.S. (Vienna campus) and registered as a post-graduate specialization program in Hungary (Budapest campus). Due to this dual accreditation, you will have the opportunity to take classes in Budapest as well as Vienna. If you are a full-time non-EU/EEA student, you will hold a Hungarian study visa and residence permit.
Study and Work at the Same Time
Join full-time and land a job or internship anytime. In 2018, 93% of full-time students landed a job within three months of graduation.
Join part-time to continue your career. You may request a second year to take elective courses or to complete your capstone project.
Budapest and Vienna rank among the EU’s top financial services and technology hubs, and best places for expats. Employers competing for international talent include BCG, BlackRock, Citi, Deloitte, GE, Google, IBM, JP Morgan, McKinsey, Morgan Stanley, MSCI, NN, Nokia and TCS.
Your degree can take you places. Join a global employer in a data science or management role. Work for a smaller firm in need of data collection and analytics expertise. Enter the booming analytics startup arena, or develop your own startup in the award-winning CEU InnovationsLab.
Join Exchange Partners on Four Continents
Go for a semester or just a week in the summer. Specialize further into finance, or broaden your skills with MBA courses. Partner schools include EBS (Germany), Emory (U.S.), ESSEC (France, Singapore), Hitotsubashi (Japan), IPADE (Mexico) and Shanghai Jiao Tong (China).
Scholarship and Internship Programs
- Future of Big Data Program | by London boutique investment firm
- Morgan Stanley Internship Program | by Morgan Stanley
- Women in Technology Scholarship Program | by BlackRock
Apply for September 2021
- February 1 if you seek financial aid
- May 1 if you need a study visa
- August 16 if you do not need a study visa.
We follow a rolling admission model where we evaluate and decide on applications as we receive them.
Head of MS in Business Analytics
MS in Business Analytics Coordinator
Room N13/206, email
Room N11/203A, email