Boost Your Career
Land a job or internship anytime, or continue your career working up to three days a week even during term time. In 2020, 91% of full-time students landed a job within three months of graduation.
Where Your Degree Can Take You
- Data science departments of large corporations, where you will be responsible for analyzing and managing data
- Management roles, supervising data scientists
- Smaller companies in need of an expert to set up or revamp data collection and analytics efforts
- The booming analytics startup arena, including developing your own startup
Vienna, Europe's Buzzing Business Hub
Vienna is among the European Union's top 10 cities home to large expat communities. It ranks among Europe’s most beautiful cities, biggest tourist destinations and best places for expats.
With additional potential opportunities in Budapest, the two cities are among Europe’s most buzzing financial services and technology hubs. Employers competing for international talent include
- Vienna – DB Schenker, Deloitte, EATON, Franklin Templeton, Google, JP Morgan, LVMH, Raiffeisen Bank, Swarovski and Unicredit
- Budapest – Bank of China, BCG, Blackrock, BP, BT, Citi, EPAM, GE, IBM, KPMG, McKinsey, Morgan Stanley, MSCI, NN, Nokia and TCS.
Vienna and Budapest also have booming innovation scenes. Join a venture capital firm, boutique M&A advisory or startup, or develop your own startup.
Austria and Hungary are members of the European Union and the Schengen Area. Housing and living expenses are lower than those in other major Western European cities.
Non-European nationals may be employed part-time on their study visas. Students who have a valid Austrian Residence Permit can work up to 20 hrs/week. Fresh graduates can extend their student residence permits by a maximum of 12 months.
Career Services Office
The Career Services Office holds career development workshops and events throughout the year. We will help you develop the skills necessary to achieve your career objectives, including by
- assessing your skills, academic and professional background, and strengths and weaknesses
- helping you define your career goals, while keeping you informed about the latest sector developments
- teaching you how to market yourself and network effectively
- helping you apply and interview successfully, and analyze, negotiate and accept a job offer.
We organize employer events and the 'Finance @ CEU' series with guest lecturers from diverse corporations on regular basis. Recent visitors include Amazon, Blackrock, Citi, ExxonMobil, GE, Google, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, MSCI and UNHCR.
CareerNext is CEU’s powerful integrated job platform bringing together students and alumni with partner employers.
Jobseekers can post their resumes, access career-building materials, and scan the best job and internship vacancies in Austria and beyond. Partner employers can post job and internship opportunities, and scan the resumes of thousands of talented potential hires from CEU’s global student and alumni community.
What Can You Do?
The Career Services Office is here to help whether you want to explore career options, network with international employers, brush up on your CV writing and interviewing skills, or improve your LinkedIn profile.
Engage with faculty and the invited experts you will meet over the course of your studies. You will have many opportunities to network with leading executives including prospective employers.
Tap into CEU's vast alumni network in Austria and worldwide. We have 15,576 alumni in 146 countries, and organized alumni chapters in 71 countries.