Careers Services on the MS in Finance
Boost Your Career
Joining the MS in Finance full-time? The program is designed to let you take an internship or job anytime. Should you be offered a full-time job, you may request a change of status and go part-time.
Of the Class of 2020 full-time students, despite the COVID-19 pandemic
- 89% took an internship during their studies
- 96% were employed three months out.
Joining the MS in Finance part-time? Use your studies, your capstone consulting project and our career services to upgrade your career.
Budapest and Vienna
Budapest and Vienna are among the European Union's top 10 cities home to large expat communities. They are among Europe’s most buzzing financial services and technology hubs, with employers competing for international talent.
The two cities also have booming innovation scenes. Join a venture capital firm, boutique M&A advisory or startup, or develop your own startup in our award-winning CEU InnovationsLab incubator.
- Budapest – Aon • Avis • Bank of China • BCG • Blackrock • BP • BT • Citi • Diageo • EPAM • EY • Exxon • GE • HP • IBM • KBC • KPMG • Mastercard • McKinsey • Morgan Stanley • MSCI • NN • Nokia • TCS • TransferWise • UN
- Vienna – DB Schenker • Deloitte • EATON • Franklin Templeton • Google • JP Morgan • LVMH • Raiffeisen Bank • Swarovski • Unicredit.
Austria and Hungary are members of the European Union and the Schengen Area. Housing and living expenses in Budapest are lower than those in Vienna and other major European cities.
Non-European nationals may be employed part-time on their study visas. Graduating students are eligible for a 9-month Hungarian Residence Permit for Job Seekers.
Professional and personal development
We hold development workshops and events throughout the year, to help you develop the skills necessary to achieve your career objectives:
- assessing your skills, academic and professional background, and strengths and weaknesses
- helping you define your career goals, while keeping you informed about the latest sector developments
- teaching you how to market yourself and network effectively
- helping you apply and interview successfully, and analyze, negotiate and accept a job offer.
We organize dedicated company showcases on a regular basis. Recent visitors include Amazon, Blackrock, Citi, Exxon, GE, Google, Mastercard, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, MSCI, Nokia, TransferWise and the UN.
What Can You Do?
We are here to help whether you want to explore career options, network with international employers, brush up on your CV writing and interviewing skills, or improve your LinkedIn profile.
Engage with faculty and the invited finance experts you will meet over the course of your studies. You will have many opportunities to network with leading executives including prospective employers.
Tap into CEU's global alumni network, with finance professionals the single largest constituent group.