Boost Your Career
In 2017, 100% of full-time MS in Finance students landed a job before or within three months of graduation.
You can start a job or an internship anytime thanks to the program’s full-time/part-time structure. Land a job as a full-time student, and switch to part-time to have your studies extended to up to 24 months.
Budapest, One of Europe's Fastest Rising Financial Services Hubs
Budapest is an international and cosmopolitan capital city, home to a large expat community from all over the world. It ranks among Europe’s most beautiful cities, biggest tourist destinations and best places for expats.
Budapest is one of Europe’s fastest rising financial services and technology hubs. Global employers working in English and actively competing for international finance talent include
- financial services firms such as Bank of China, Blackrock, Citi, Erste, Finastra, KBC, Morgan Stanley and MSCI
- consulting firms such as BCG, Deloitte, KPMG, McKinsey and PwC
- non-financial firms such as Avis, BP, BT, Diageo, EPAM, ExxonMobil, GE, IBM, HP, Nokia, Roche, TCS, Unisys and Vodafone.
Hungary is a member of the European Union and the Schengen Area. Housing and living expenses in Budapest are lower than those in other major European cities.
Non-European nationals may be employed part-time on their student visas. Fresh graduates are eligible for a nine-month Residence Permit for the Purpose of Job-searching or Entrepreneurship.
Career Services Office
The Career Services Office holds career development workshops and events throughout the year. We will help you develop the skills necessary to achieve your career objectives, including by
- assessing your skills, academic and professional background, and strengths and weaknesses
- helping you define your career goals, while keeping you informed about the latest sector developments
- teaching you how to market yourself and network effectively
- helping you apply and interview successfully, and analyze, negotiate and accept a job offer.
We organize dedicated company showcases on a regular basis. Recent visitors include Amazon, Blackrock, Citi, ExxonMobil, GE, Google, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, MSCI and UNHCR.
CareerNext is CEU’s powerful integrated job platform bringing together students and alumni with partner employers.
Jobseekers can post their resumes, access career-building materials, and scan the best job and internship vacancies in Hungary and beyond. Partner employers can post job and internship opportunities, and scan the resumes of thousands of talented potential hires from CEU’s global student and alumni community.
What Can You Do?
The Career Services Office is here to help whether you want to explore career options, network with international employers, brush up on your CV writing and interviewing skills, or improve your LinkedIn profile.
Engage with faculty and the invited finance experts you will meet over the course of your studies. You will have many opportunities to network with leading executives including prospective employers.
Tap into CEU’s vast alumni network in Budapest and worldwide. We have more than 16,000 alumni in 150 countries, with finance professionals the single largest constituent group.