The Department of Economics and Business at the Central European University is organizing an annual undergraduate student conference, which will bring talented students from across the world to give talks and get familiar with the academic environment at CEU. Every year, the conference is centered around a new theme; however, the themes are broad enough to allow for a big variety of topics. The inaugural meeting of the conference will take place in Vienna, in August 22-24, 2022.
Economists are often criticized by other social scientists for sticking to a rigid set of methods and assumptions and ignoring developments in related fields. Yet, in the past 20 years, economics has evolved dramatically. What used to be seen as heresy against the idea of rationality became the flourishing new field of behavioral economics. Credibility revolution changed the way empirical research is practiced. Empirical and policy work reclaimed their status relative to pure theory. Tools from data science are getting increasingly adopted in economic research. The goal of this conference is to bring together young economists who represent these and other new trends in academic and policy research.
- The language of the conference is English
- Students must be enrolled in a bachelors/undergraduate program at the time of submitting the proposal
- Submitted work should be based on independent research
- Proposals should not exceed 250 words
- All applications should be submitted via the application page
- Submission deadline: April 15. Successful applicants will be notified by May 15.
- Late submissions will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Successful applicants will have to submit papers
- Papers should be max. 40 pages long
- At the conference, participants will have 15-20 minutes to summarize their papers
A fee of 50 EUR applies to all accepted participants. The fee will be used to cover:
- Two nights of accommodation in Vienna
- 72 hour public transport pass
- Breakfast and coffee breaks
The fee is reduced to EUR 20 for local students who do not need accommodation. Pre-approved travel expenses may be reimbursed to the participants in the amount of up to EUR 350. Accepted participants seeking reimbursement should contact the organizers to confirm if their expenses qualify.
For inquiries, please email us at email@example.com.