We are a leading, densely international department offering innovative research and industry-led education in Budapest and Vienna, two of Europe’s most buzzing financial and technology hubs.
We have developed our programs to best prepare talented students – from fresh graduates to working senior executives – to thrive in today’s realities and prepare for tomorrow’s leadership roles. We are also home to the award-winning CEU InnovationsLab startup incubator.
Our international faculty specialize in economics, statistics, finance and business, providing an ideal learning environment for future researchers, analysts, managers, decision-makers and entrepreneurs.
Economics Master of Arts (MA) Programs
- MA in Economics | 2 years | full-time
Prepare for researcher and analyst positions in business, government and supranationals, or continue to a PhD.
- MA in Economic Policy in Global Markets | 2 years | full-time
Understand global market forces, learn to design and evaluate policymaking decisions.
- MA in Global Economic Relations | 1 year | full-time or part-time
Integrate your training in international relations with the tools and approach of economics.
Executive MBA Program
- CEU EMBA (MBA in Global Executive Management) | 28 months | modular. The intellectual adventure of a lifetime for experienced managers who want to move from operational and functional expertise to a strategic level. Cutting-edge management, leadership, and decision-making skills, newest management trends, best practices, and business fundamentals adapted to the needs of experienced executives.
Business Master of Science (MS) Programs - see presentation
- MS in Business Analytics | 10 months | full-time or part-time
A unique mix of analytics, computer science and business. Learn programming, dive into data analysis, big data and cloud computing, machine learning and data engineering. QS Top 50, CEE #1.
- MS in Finance | 10 months | full-time or part-time
A program designed with industry. Focus in on financial management, investments and banking, or innovation and fintech. Embrace data analytics and technology. QS Top 100, CEE #3.
- MS in Technology Management & Innovation | 10 months | part-time
Combine your technical expertise with business, finance and leadership skills to become a technology leader, or develop your own startup in the award-winning CEU InnovationsLab incubator.
- Fintech Management Parallel Studies | full-time or part-time
Earn the MS in Finance and MS in Technology Management and Innovation. Become a fintech leader or develop your fintech startup.
PhD Programs | full-time
- PhD in Economics | learn to do cutting-edge research
- PhD in Business Administration | a more business-oriented PhD
Startup Incubation Program and Bootcamp
- CEU InnovationsLab | CEU's award-winning startup incubator
- BOOST: Bringing Objectives, Options and Strategy Together | 16 months | weekend. An intensive experiential program for current Master and Doctoral CEU students that equips them with cutting-edge techniques of strategic management, to helping them develop into highly effective professionals.