MS in Finance students are sought after by some of the biggest names in finance and business. Of the Class of 2016, 100% were placed within three months of graduation.
You will have full access to both full-time and part-time courses, allowing you to enter a job or internship even during the study period. Internships available at partners such as BlackRock, Citi, McKinsey, Morgan Stanley and MSCI carry real responsibilities and tend to lead to full-time offers.
Budapest, one of Europe's fastest rising financial services hubs
Budapest is an international and cosmopolitan capital city, home to a large expat community from all over the world. It ranks among Europe’s most beautiful cities, biggest tourist destinations and best places for expats.
Budapest is one of Europe’s fastest rising financial services and technology hubs. Global employers working in English and actively competing for international finance talent include
- financial services firms such as Bank of China, Blackrock, Citi, Erste, Finastra, KBC, Morgan Stanley and MSCI
- consulting and advisory firms such as BCG, Deloitte, KPMG, McKinsey, PwC and TCS
- non-financial firms such as Avis, BP, BT, Diageo, EPAM, ExxonMobil, GE, HP, Roche, T-Systems, Unisys and Vodafone.
Hungary is a member of the European Union and the Schengen Area. Non-European nationals may be employed part-time (24 hours a week) on their student visas during the study period. Housing and living expenses in Budapest are lower than those in other major European cities.
Career Services Office
The Career Services Office holds career development workshops and events throughout the year. We will help you develop the skills necessary to achieve your career objectives, including by
- assessing your skills, academic and professional background, and strengths and weaknesses
- helping you define your career goals, while keeping you informed about the latest sector developments
- teaching you how to market yourself and network effectively
- helping you apply and interview successfully, and analyze, negotiate and accept a job offer.
We organize dedicated company showcases on a regular basis. Recent visitors include Amazon, Blackrock, Citi, ExxonMobil, GE, Google, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, MSCI and UNHCR.
CareerNext is CEU’s powerful integrated job platform bringing together students and alumni with partner employers.
Jobseekers can post their resumes, access career-building materials, and scan the best job and internship vacancies in Hungary and beyond. Partner employers can post job and internship opportunities, and scan the resumes of thousands of talented potential hires from CEU’s global student and alumni community.
What Can You Do?
The Career Services Office is here to help whether you want to explore career options, network with international employers, brush up on your CV writing and interviewing skills, or improve your LinkedIn profile.
Engage with faculty and the invited finance experts you will meet over the course of your studies. You will have many opportunities to network with leading executives including prospective employers.
Tap into CEU’s vast alumni network in Budapest and worldwide. We have more than 14,000 alumni in 150 countries, with finance professionals the single largest constituent group.